Prevent and reduce substance use among our youth in the Lancaster/Depew NY Communities.
Promote factors that minimize the risk of substance use through education, drug free events, and youth empowerment in Depew Lancaster.
Collaborate within the 12 established federal sectors of the community ranging from Youth, Parents, Businesses, Law Enforcement, Gov't, Faith Based, Schools, and Media to carry out our mission of Addition Prevention as a Charitable Organization.
We do not work alone. Below is a list of our Federal, State, and National Community Partners as an Addition Prevention Charitable Organization and Youth Coalition in Lancaster Depew NY.
• Full Name: Gwendolyn A. Bork
• Title: Financial Advisor
• Name of Organization you represent: The Legend Group
• Strengths: Non-profit Entrepreneur, Community Leader and Business Owner. NYS Certified Addiction Recovery Coach and Trainer of Trainer. Organizational Development. Public Speaker. Founder of FOCUS.
• WHY you wanted to be on our board: I have a personal passion to empower our youth into becoming the leaders they were meant to be through community collaboration and support. I have a personal story that identifies with their struggles from leaving home at the age of 15 and almost dying in a car accident at the age of 18 after losing my sense of “self”. I know where they are because I’ve been there and my legacy will be in pouring my life into them.
• Full name: Laura A. Colca Esq.
• Title: Partner
• Name of Organization you represent: Goldberg Segalla
• Strengths: Kindness, Dedication, Perseverance
• WHY you wanted to be on our board: I wanted to be on the Board because I believe there is such a great opportunity with FOCUS to effectuate real change and help kids struggling which could lead to addiction issues.
• Full Name: Deborah LaBounty
• Title: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
• Name of Organization you represent: Spectrum Health & Human Services
• Strengths: Several years of experience working effectively with children and youth both voluntarily and professionally. Creative and hard working with a solid commitment to reaching goals that have far reaching impact on the whole community
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: My heart is always with the most vulnerable among us and I believe it is my purpose in life to do my best to support and help them through compassion, education and opportunity.
• Full Name: Jessica Walker-Mead
• Title: Administrator
• Name of Organization you represent: FOCUS
• Strengths: Compassion and patience for others, quick witted and excel at problem solving.
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: I want to be able to make a difference in our local community.
• Full name: Audrey Hamernik
• Title: Village of Depew Trustee
• Name of Organization you represent: Village of Depew
• Strengths: I have been a resident of Depew for the past 57 years. I currently serve as Trustee for the Village of Depew and have been a highly motivated community outreach coordinator for over 38 years. I advocate for positive change by bringing the community together to address social issues affecting our residents.
• WHY you wanted to on our board: As part of community development chairman of village of Depew, I wanted to be involved in something that is creating positive change for the youth in our community.
• Full Name: McKenzie Gawel
• Title: Depew High School Student
• Name of Organization you represent: Depew High School
• Full name: Debbie Glowny
• Title: VP/Community Office Manager
• Name of Organization you represent: Bank on Buffalo
• Strengths: I have been a successful dedicated leader & mentor in the financial world for over three decades. I’m active in numerous Not for Profits and have countless connections in the business world
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: I wanted to be a part of the organization because…. I love to make a difference and give back whenever possible. If I can help to deter one student from going down the wrong path and getting a bad start in life… then it’s all worth it.
FOCUS: For Our Community Unity & Support, Inc.
Copyright © 2023 FOCUS: For Our Community Unity & Support, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by the hard work of Buffalo NY