Prevent and reduce substance use among our youth in the Lancaster/Depew NY Communities.
Promote factors that minimize the risk of substance use through education, drug free events, and youth empowerment in Depew Lancaster.
Collaborate within the 12 established federal sectors of the community ranging from Youth, Parents, Businesses, Law Enforcement, Gov't, Faith Based, Schools, and Media to carry out our mission of Addiction Prevention as a Charitable Organization.
We do not work alone. Below is a list of our Federal, State, and National Community Partners as an Addition Prevention Charitable Organization and Youth Coalition in Lancaster Depew NY.
• Full Name: Gwendolyn A. Bork
• Title: Financial Advisor, Impact Strategist
• Name of Organization you represent: The Legend Group, Queen City Collaborative
• Strengths: Non-profit Entrepreneur, Community Leader and Business Owner. NYS Certified Addiction Recovery Coach and Trainer of Trainer. Organizational Development. Public Speaker. Founder of FOCUS.
• WHY you wanted to be on our board: I have a personal passion to empower our youth into becoming the leaders they were meant to be through community collaboration and support. I have a personal story that identifies with their struggles from leaving home at the age of 15 and almost dying in a car accident at the age of 18 after losing my sense of “self”. I know where they are because I’ve been there and my legacy will be in pouring my life into them.
• Full name: Deborah LaBounty
• Title: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
• Name of Organization you represent: Spectrum Health & Human Services
• Strengths: Several years of experience working effectively with children and youth both voluntarily and professionally. Creative and hard working with a solid commitment to reaching goals that have far reaching impact on the whole community
• WHY you wanted to be on our board: My heart is always with the most vulnerable among us and I believe it is my purpose in life to do my best to support and help them through compassion, education and opportunity.
• Full Name: Nicole Shields
• Title: Senior Financial Auditor
• Name of Organization you represent: People Inc.
• Strengths: I am a passionate, optimistic, organized, energetic go-getter who loves to help others. I have been volunteering with various organizations in the community for several years now and truly love being able to utilize my talents to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: Entering the Human Services field in March 2011 to support people with disabilities was truly life changing for me. I quickly that my passion and purpose is to help others. Volunteering and giving back to the community are key priorities for me. I especially would like to be move involved with our local youth and spreading awareness of substance abuse and addiction while utilizing my personal and professional skills. I am looking forward to supporting FOCUS succeed with their goals, while I continue to keep going, keep growing.
• Full Name: Jessica Walker-Mead
• Title: Administrator
• Name of Organization you represent: FOCUS
• Strengths: Compassion and patience for others, quick witted and excel at problem solving.
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: I want to be able to make a difference in our local community.
• Full name: Audrey Hamernik
• Title: Village of Depew Trustee
• Name of Organization you represent: Village of Depew
• Strengths: I have been a resident of Depew for the past 57 years. I currently serve as Trustee for the Village of Depew and have been a highly motivated community outreach coordinator for over 38 years. I advocate for positive change by bringing the community together to address social issues affecting our residents.
• WHY you wanted to on our board: As part of community development chairman of village of Depew, I wanted to be involved in something that is creating positive change for the youth in our community.
• Full Name: Gianna Ryniec
• Title: Lancaster High School Student
• Name of Organization you represent: Lancaster High School
• Full name: Debbie Glowny
• Title: VP/Community Office Manager
• Name of Organization you represent: Bank on Buffalo
• Strengths: I have been a successful dedicated leader & mentor in the financial world for over three decades. I’m active in numerous Not for Profits and have countless connections in the business world
• WHY you wanted to be on our Board: I wanted to be a part of the organization because…. I love to make a difference and give back whenever possible. If I can help to deter one student from going down the wrong path and getting a bad start in life… then it’s all worth it.